Keep your house safe while you’re on vacation!
These helpful house safety tips offered by Devcon home security experts will help you make certain that you are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that you home remains safe and secure while you’re away.
House Security Tips: strong>
• If you will be gone for an extended period of time, officially stop your mail with the post office. If you’re only going away for a few days, have a neighbor collect your mail and/or newspaper for you.
• Let a trusted neighbor know when you are leaving and how long you will be gone so they can keep an eye on your house for you. Leave this neighbor with your contact information as well, in case on an emergency.
• Leave your lights on a timer, to give the illusion at night that someone is home.
• Ensure that all doors and windows are securely locked, and that your home alarm system is armed.
• Never advertise the fact that you will be gone, especially on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
• Arrange for a neighbor or close friend to mow your lawn or shovel your driveway if you will be away for a longer period of time.
• Make certain that your pets are taken care of!
For more information on how Devcon can help keep your house safe while you are vacation call us directly